What I do

Home Forums Introductions What I do

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of evanandkatelyn evanandkatelyn 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Weston Porter
    Weston Porter
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, I’m some combination of artist, designer, fabricator and entrepreneur. I’ve got a small design and digital fabrication studio called Rust House, I work as a digital fabricator for the Museum of Natural Science and I’m the director of Houston Makes.

Digital Fabrication, if you were wondering, is basically designing things on a computer and getting robots to build them. It allows you to accurately dabble in a lot of different trades without spending a lifetime mastering them, I tend to call it as cheating but as a jack of all trades, it fits me perfectly. If I can help anyone digitally fabricate something or get into the field, let me know!

Profile photo of Rodney
    Rodney
    Participant

Great idea starting this community, Weston!

Profile photo of evanandkatelyn
    evanandkatelyn
    Participant

Just found this community Weston 🙂 We’re building up our capacity now but we’ll let you know if we need any help with some digital fabrication. Excited to join an upcoming meet up (we can’t join the one this week because we’re actually taking a welding class at TXRX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.