Hello fellow makers

Home Forums Introductions Hello fellow makers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Camila Ruiz Camila Ruiz 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Danger Longhorn
    Danger Longhorn
    Participant

Hi, it’s Tim…thinker, designer and maker of things at dangerlonghorn.com

I’m a multimedia artist and fashion designer here in Houston. Originally from the woods of Massachusetts, I spent the last five years in Hollywood, honing my skills in costume making for tv and movies, body painting for the House of Blues, and getting introduced to the fashion world.

I work in leather, fabrics, glass, paints, airbrushing, sandblasting, etching, wet forming, welding and tattooing….heck, just about any medium I can get a hold of. Repurposing items is a particular interest

Glad to be associated with you, my fellow creatives and makers. Without us, it’d be pretty boring

Profile photo of Camila Ruiz
    Camila Ruiz
    Participant

Hi Tim!

Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself and what sounds like a fun creative life. I am particularly interested in the fact that part of what you do is fashion design and that you are keen in repurposing items! I have recently acquired several banners, which were disposed of and about to be thrown in the trash. So I jumped in and figured I could reuse and transform them into something else (bags, wallets, cases, etc.). Some of them have pretty cool graphic qualities or colors. Would this be something you would be interested in collaborating with or would you mind if I pick your brain for some guidance? I don’t really know how to sew or anything about creating patterns.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Camila

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.