3-axis CNC Machine

Home Forums Making 3-axis CNC Machine

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Weston Porter Weston Porter 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Abe
    Abe
    Participant

Hello,

Like I mentioned in my introduction, I have been prototyping a smart medication organizer called EllieGrid in Austin. Now that I am in Houston, I am looking for a place to keep prototyping. I know about tx/rx and will be doing some work there, but we cannot use the CNC there for another 6 weeks and we cannot wait that long because we have to pitch to investors in the upcoming weeks.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could get access to a 3-axis CNC machine at a low price?

We have not gotten funding yet, so we cannot really afford to have someone else mill the parts for us.

Thank you,
    Abe

Profile photo of Evan Lee
    Evan Lee
    Participant

Ebay is flooded with cheap CNC’s depending on the price you need + the usability you need. I’d recommend that, and then scrap the entire electronics package it comes with and put in something based on GRBL

Profile photo of Weston Porter
    Weston Porter
    Keymaster

Well you said mill, that implies metal. Do you need to mill metal or can you route wood/plastics? There is a big difference in money there, most cnc mills for hire are machinist shops that have to charge you a fortune due to their high overhead.

CNC routers on the other hand are more affordable, more hobbyists and prosumers have them and are willing to use them for you a lot cheaper.

Same goes for what Evan said though, you can get cnc routers cheap on ebay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.